720 miles, including Edzell Castle, Keith, Plockton, Kyle of Lochalsh, Logie House, Rothiemurchus Estate and Pitmuies Garden ? Tour some of Scotland's finest homes and gardens with respected British gardening writer Sue Chivers and photographer Patsy Floyd.Your Journey
- Depart early afternoon. The train heads north, crossing the splendid Forth Railway Bridge.
- Disembark at Montrose to visit Brechin Castle Gardens, one of the finest private gardens in Scotland.
- During a leisurely breakfast, the train makes its way to Inverness and north to Invergordon, where guests alight for a visit to the 18th-century Foulis Castle, seat of the Clan Munro.
- Mrs Munro of Foulis and her son, Hector, the Clan Chief, welcome you, after which you can explore the grounds and courtyard garden. Alternatively, join Hector in the drawing room for a whisky tasting.
- Return to the train for lunch as you travel towards Kyle of Lochalsh past the Torridon mountains, Achnashellach forest and Loch Carron.
- Disembark at Plockton for a visit to Attadale on the west coast, this magnificent estate boasts a Water Garden, Japanese Garden and Sunken Garden among other treasures.
- The night is spent in Kyle of Lochalsh, where an informal dinner is served followed by coffee and liqueurs in the Observation Car.
- Disembark after breakfast to drive across to the mystical Isle of Skye and the 2,000- acres Clan Donald Estate.
- You can also spend time in the award-winning museum and discover the history of the Highlands and Islands.
- Return to the train in Kyle of Lochalsh and enjoy a leisurely lunch as you retrace part of yesterday's route as far as Dingwall.
- This evening disembark to visit Ballindalloch Castle, one of Scotland's most romantic castles, with its wonderful walled gardens.
- Rejoin the train at Boat of Garten on the private Strathspey Railway.
- A coach takes you to the Rothiemurchus Estate, where you can tour the parkland or enjoy some of the many outdoor activities on at this breathtakingly beautiful site beneath the Cairngorm Mountains.
- After reboarding the train at Kingussie, you journey south to Dunkeld and alight to visit Ruthven House and Pitmuies Garden, near Forfar.
- Return to the train in Dundee for dinner and a final night on board.
- Depart from Dundee in the morning and return to Edinburgh.
The Royal Scotsman departs Edinburgh at 1.42pm on day one and arrives back in Edinburgh at 9.46am on day five.What to wearAccess
Please note: Itineraries are subject to change and all timings shown are for your guidance only. Confirmed itineraries and timings will be supplied with your travel documents.
Any departure stations with a s
symbol is an offer.
To book, select the amount of adults and click on either "book" or alternatively, why not click on the "buy as gift" button and surprise a friend or loved one with the ultimate gift of a Heritage, Homes & Gardens Journey
trip?Want to buy a gift voucher, but not for the full amount of the trip?
BOOK ONLINE TODAY & SAVE £££'s
Mon, 5 Jun 2017